Wednesday, March 21, 2007

15 Channels

Average Joe sees just 15 channels

In short, the average U.S. household gets 104.2 channels, but watches only 15 of them. I think Pat and I only regularly watch a dozen or so: CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, Comedy Central, ESPN, USA (when Psych is on), SciFi (when Eureka is on), NESN (during baseball season), and Food Network. Sometimes we watch the weekend morning crap on E! and VH1 and Pat really likes the Discovery channel.

Not that anyone is that interested in what channels I specifically watch, but I just thought it was an interesting exercise to think about how many channels we get and how many we actually watch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should mention that. If it's outside of my cable's HD tier, I pretty much never watch it. The only real exceptions: occasional Comedy Central fare and sporting events on The Deuce (*cough*NCAA hockey tournament*cough*).

I think that puts me in Average Joe territory. Sad. You know how much I love to be remarkable... :-)

Unknown said...

I might be worse than 15...let's see...
Monday - CBS, NBC
Tuesday - CW
Wednesday - CW, Fox
Thursday - ABC, FOX, NBC
Any day - ESPN, Fox Family, CMT, Cartoon Network
For movies - Comedy Central, USA, Fx

Actually that's not bad. I'm average!!!

Becca I've missed your blogs. When they're not every day I don't know what to do with myself.

Becca said...

It's so weird that when I started this I didn't think I'd be able to make myself post very often or, if I did post regularly, stick with it.

And now, I've got a daily reader. :-P