Wednesday, May 2, 2007

You Give Bon Jovi a Bad Name

Wow, not a good night on American Idol. C'mon people, I'm a huge Bon Jovi fan, but it's not Puccini. Seriously, they almost all sucked at rock. It's rock. Not rocket science. I'm baffled. But, not everyone sucked, so let me break it down:

Phil: Woo, Phil sounded bad when he was being mentored, so I was a little worried. But, then he totally rocked it (rocked it, get it?). He has really hit his stride since country week and he was awesome again last night. I love you, Phil.



Jordin: Wow. I was going to say she was Sanjaya-esque, but maybe not that bad. Definitely at least Haley-esque. She sang Living on a Prayer...the student section at hockey sounds better when they do it. I'm not even kidding. I love Jordin and I think she's lucky they are taking last week's votes into account, too. And, I do think she deserves to stay. But, this was just awful. I was pained.

LaKisha: LaKisha a) showed personality last night and b) totally hit it out of the ballpark. I know people have been raving about her all along, but I thought she was boring. Last night, I became a fan. A huge fan. She was awesome. Although she did do a weird squatting thing at the end that I will refrain from describing since I'd have to use imagery I'm not comfortable with.

Blake: I've warmed up to the performance in the last 10 hours. Possibly just because Blake dyed his hair and now he's so hot I can't stand it.

Chris: Chris Richardson who? Blake is now definitely definitely my favorite JT. Also, probably a bad idea to pick a song that Chris Daughtry did last season. Just sayin', is all.

Melinda: Wow, Melinda achieved what I thought was surely impossible: she sucked. Not as bad as Jordin. But, it was ugly. Really really ugly.
It went downhill from there...

No comments: