Tuesday, May 15, 2007

ABC upfronts

Unlike NBC which announced zero new shows I'm interested in, ABC looks like it might have some good ones, although admittedly nothing that totally knocks my socks off (and, surprise surprise, they picked up the Grey's spinoff).

Here are the ones I'll at least check out and why:
  • Private Practice I did give up Grey's, but I'll probably give this a try.
  • Dirty Sexy Money It's about a lawyer for a rich and famous family and has Peter Krause from Six Feet Under. I didn't personally like Six Feet Under that much, but he's a pretty good actor and I'm looking for a good drama to fill the Grey's void. Still, I'll admit it sounds like it could go either way from the limited descriptions I've read.
  • Cashmere Mafia Starring Lucy Liu and produced by Darren Star, the man who gave the world Beverly Hills, 90210 (along with Aaron Spelling, of course). Need I say more?
  • Sam I Am Christina Applegate. Love her. If you've seen The Sweetest Thing and you don't also absolutely love her, well, that's just crazy talk.
  • Miss/Guided About a woman who returns to her high school to be the guidance counselor. Could be funny.

No comments: