Friday, April 13, 2007

What I've been Reading/Watching

My TV/movie viewing and especially my reading have slowed down in the last few weeks due to Megan's visit, going to LA, picking a grad. school, and procuring a second job. However, I did catch up on some things when I had down time in LA.

Katy has Showtime and On Demand, so we watched the first three episodes of The Tudors. I'm totally sucked in and hope the rest of the episodes will be online. First of all, Jonathan Rhys Meyers is so hot. Secondly, I am not so good with history, so for me it's all new and intriguing (except that I do know what happens to the wives and with the separation from the church). I'm looking forward to learning the fate of England under the reign of Henry VIII because I really don't know much about it. If you enjoy historical drama or Jonathan Rhys Meyers, check it out.

I also saw Beverly Hills Cop for the first time ever. I don't have much to say about the movie, but according to Katy, it's noteworthy that I had never seen it before. I was kind of excited to see LA/Beverly Hills sights (or should I use "sites" in this context?) that I had just seen in person for the first time. Speaking of, anytime we went anywhere in LA that was mentioned in Clueless, I was ridiculously excited.

I finished reading Aloft by Chang-Rae Lee, but I'm going to post a separate entry for that.

No comments: