Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Boston to Austin

Okay, folks, I need your help.

At some point this summer, I'll be taking a cross-country drive from Boston to Austin and I need to make some mixed CDs to get me through. So, I am looking for suggestions of good road trip songs. I'm open to anything and I have eclectic tastes, so don't be afraid to suggest something. All I ask is that songs not be too slow and potentially sleep-inducing. Songs that fit the theme of road tripping or Texas (or any of the states between here and there that I may pass through) are especially welcome!

Comment away! Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My brother and I have a habit of listening to BNL's "Rock Spectacle" on roadtrips. It started with my first visit to see him in Germany in 2001; we must have listened to it at least two full times over a single weekend between Frankfurt, Munich, Vienna and back to Frankfurt.

It's not really appropriate for a mix, I suppose, but it IS entertaining.

Also, Huey Lewis' "The Power of Love" from Back to the Future has always been a favorite of mine for roadtripping. I think it has to do with listening to it in the car on the way to spend weekends visiting my dad when I was in elementary school.