Sunday, February 8, 2009

Scrubs is funny again! and other TV musings

I'd been kind of unsure about Scrubs since it's premiere on ABC a few weeks ago, but with this week's episodes, I think I can safely say, "it's back!" I actually lol'd twice, both thanks to Kelso. I'm so glad they've kept him on the show even though he retired from the hospital. Scrubs has also earned points with me by reuniting JD and Elliot and by paying homage to Boston Legal the other night with a scene between Perry and Bob. Now, I stopped watching Boston Legal a long time ago, but even after I stopped enjoying the rest of the show I still enjoyed the relationship between Spader and Shatner. That's so much scenery-chewing in one place you'd think only bad things could come from it. Instead, Brilliant! (Imagine the Guinness mascots saying that, folks.) They've also been using Jordan and they gave Ted a cute storyline in which he got to sing a capella (love it) and get it on with a ukulele player. Thank you, Scrubs. I was nervous for a while there.

I'm making my way through the first season of Buffy. I don't have much to say about it analytically, yet (don't worry, if you're just dying to see me wax philosophical about tv, I'm about to write about the third season of BSG), but I am really enjoying it. I knew I would like this show if I could just get over the mental block that "I'm not really into vampire, monster, demon-y stuff." It didn't help that everyone kept telling me the first season wasn't that great! Having the ladies over to watch a few introductory episodes from other seasons was definitely the way to go. I'm enjoying the first season, but I do agree that it's not as good as the episodes I've seen from later seasons. I have to say, even the episode named for him didn't bring me over to the Angel side. I'm also sticking to my guns about the attractiveness of Giles. And seriously, how much do I love Alyson Hannigan? I'm looking forward to watching the show, the characters, the relationships, and the mythology evolve. Thinking about Buffy and thinking ahead to how I want to blog about BSG has me thinking about Joss and Helo and holy cow I can't wait for Dollhouse this weekend. Although, I am no-longer-secretly-as-of-this-moment a little worried I'll be disappointed. I always worry when there's a lot of build-up, y'know?

Whoa, we interrupt this regularly scheduled blog post to discuss the recently-announced cast of Dancing with the Stars. They've only announced 2/3 of the cast so far, but so far L'il Kim, Steve-O, and Denise Richards are all in the lineup. Is it even safe to have that much crazy in one place? And, on the subject of Denise Richards, I have to point out how creative the producers are in declaring each star's claim to fame when what they are really famous for can't be said in the intros. For example, Heather Mills was announced as a philanthropist and formal model...um, right, she's famous for being married to a Beatle, people. And Denise Richards? Former Bond Girl. Oo-Kay.

I guess more on BSG later; it's getting time for me to get to bed!

No comments: