Saturday, February 7, 2009

BSG Season 2 Finale

Another day, another bulleted Battlestar Galactica list. Spoilers for the season 2 finale ahead!
  • I'll just get this one out of the way now: Anders is my boyfriend.
  • Al!
  • Al is a cylon?! No, say it ain't so!
  • Wait, so how many cylons do we know so far? Six, Sharon, Short Guy, Vest Guy, Dr-from-the-Farm Guy, Xena, Al...I think that's it? 5 to go!
  • I hate Sharon 2.
  • I actually got a little choked up when Raptor 612 jumped into the mountain.
  • I also got choked up when Cally forgave Tyrol, although I didn't love his storyline overall. It was clearly just meant to open the door for the Al-as-cylon reveal.
  • Sorry, Roslin, but in the case of democracy, the end does not justify the means for me.
  • Oh wow, POW Six knew what she was doing when she set off that nuke. I just thought she was suicidal...
  • After I just expressed so much sympathy for Sharon 1, she appears to have gone completely bad. Of course, things are not always what they seem, but a cylon-occupied New Caprica certainly seems bad.
  • Does anyone else watch Eureka? Jo as Maya is just a little weird for me (not distractingly weird as in the case of Xander "Could I be any more Chandler Bing?" Harris); Jo's not exactly the maternal teacher-y type.
Overall, I loved it, of course, but I'm still undecided as to how I feel about the time warp (oh, man, yesterday "motley crew," today "time warp;" I honestly cannot help the cheese). On the one hand, it was a great plot advancement. The "I told you so" of how hard the living is on New Caprica, of Gaius' seemingly hedonistic lifestyle (seemingly, because one assumes he isn't actually feeling that much pleasure having lost POW Six, sentenced them all to life on this horrid planet, and basically just sucking at leading the people), of the return of the cylons, was really poignant. But, it was difficult to adjust to other things, the relationships in particular: Cally is pregnant? Starbuck and Anders are married (sweet! But, I wish I knew more!)? Lee and Dee appear to be married (she was playing with a wedding band, he wasn't wearing one)? Lee and Starbuck aren't speaking? Haven't spoken in a year? Tell me more!

Ooh, I'm excited for season 3!

No comments: