Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bulleted List

Quick recap of a good week:
  • Received many wonderful things in the mail (and one textbook, not wonderful): necklace for wedding, rehearsal dinner shoes, GAP cardigan (in wild rose), beautiful birthday gift from Pat's mom, and an invitation to Michelle and Ian's wedding!
  • Conducted official Sesame Street business, which made me feel really important.
  • Got exciting loot at Half-Price Books, both in really good condition: a hardcover edition of Avalon High by Meg Cabot, so now I'm ready to stalk her at TLA, and the second book in Van Reid's Moosepath League series. The Van Reid books are hard to track down, so that was especially exciting.
  • Had many good phone conversations with friends.
  • Got lots of wedding stuff done.
  • Had a successful program at work (A New Year, A New You: Get Organized, 16 attendees).
  • Actually made plans for next week's trip to Boston and those plans include seeing a BU/BC hockey game!
  • And best of all, spent lots of QT with friends: Fiesta Bowl victory and frozen custard with Al and O on Monday; Labyrinth and pizza with blue cheese on it that I actually ate at the Mitschkes' on Tuesday; spicy peanut noodles and lots of conversation with Kate on Friday; and then today a very lucrative trip to San Antonio with Al and O (who were exceptionally gracious about me being the third wheel multiple times this week) followed by veggie chili and three episodes of Buffy with the ladies. I'm pleased to announced that I did enjoy Buffy and am now going to try to make it through the series. After I get caught up on BSG, that is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avalon High is such fun! The Moosepath League are considerably easier to find in Maine, since that's where the author is from. I got kind of bogged down after the first three books or so, but they're charming.

Becca said...

Luckily for me, I'll be in Maine this week; I'm going to hunt around for at least the second book so I can connect the dots. Charming is an apt description. They aren't books that necessarily make you think or change your life or whatnot, but they're just refreshing to read. Also, I dig the setting. ;)