Monday, December 1, 2008

Best Weekend Ever

I don't generally like to do posts that recount my activities unless they are unique to my experiences as a grad student or Texas transplant or something else that my far-away-friends might find interesting. I don't want to bore anyone with the mundane. Still, this weekend was so great I think it bears chronicling for posterity. I'll keep it to bullet points of the highlights, though.

  • Date night with Pat at Flying Saucer, the restaurant we went to in Houston after we got engaged. I love this place. Not only do they have hundreds of beers, but they've also got Rocket Tots, which are tater tots with queso in them. I'm telling you, this combination is the fried food equivalent of chocolate and peanut butter. Yum!
  • Turkey Trot: getting a long-sleeved T-shirt, helping out a good cause, seeing different areas of Austin, doing a lot of dog watching, and having good conversation with friends. A pretty delightful combination.
  • Multiple iterations of having friends over for food, fun, and games.
  • Football victory over A&M. Too bad the BCS didn't catch on...
  • Decorating our first family Christmas tree! (Pictures to come later this week.)
  • Very lucrative shopping trips to the City-Wide Garage Sale and the Lakeline Mall. My Garage Sale take: a wedding ring, "antique" Pyrex mixing bowls just like my Nana has, and a 1943 map of Boston. Plus, halfsies on a gift for Allie.
  • Beating Pat at Wii bowling. Ha!
Oh, and somewhere in between all that I finished my final project that was due this morning.

No comments: