Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I am obsessed with television.

So, last night, I hit up the DVR. I caught up on the last two weeks of Heroes, this week's The Class, and the premiere of The Black Donnellys. (An aside: I apologize to my many friends who are fans of correct grammar for italicizing all titles-it's a lazy habit I developed out of desperation after I took two drama classes, a poetry class, and a novel class in two semesters after I went back to school.)

Today's the day I'm going to try to learn how to do a cut in Blogger, because I have lots of TV-related thoughts to share...Okay, a help search didn't really work out for me. I am not too sure what keywords I should enter. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?



I'm going to start with The Class, because my thoughts are limited. That's the beauty of sitcoms: no thinking! I love this show, though. Along with How I Met Your Mother, it fills the television void left in my life by the end of Friends. I'm pissed that Nicole and Duncan's reunion is going to be delayed. Boo to that. But, yay to finding a way to keep Yonk on the show a little longer--he's hilarious. And his name is Yonk. I love all of the male characters on this show. They literally make me laugh aloud. Not an easy thing to do.

Heroes...wow, where to begin? Last week's episode, Unexpected, seemed kind of slow and uneventful (although I do enjoy the scenes with Peter and Claude), but the last five minutes more than made up for it. I loved the final scene with Isaac, Peter, and Simone. I'm going to be a total geek here, but how awesome was it that Isaac painted Peter in his own studio and turned around to see him there? I loved the "fight scene" where Peter is invisible and taunting Isaac and the paintings are flying, and then the moment where Peter becomes visible again right under Simone, cradling her as she falls...totally cool. I'm interested to find out why Simone is up and walking around with blood all over her shirt in the previews for next week's episode. Love this show. Even a so-so episode can be great. Hiro and Ando disappointed me a bit this episode, though, and I'm sorry to see them part ways.

Company Man was a whole different story--I loved every minute of this episode and I cried at the end when the Haitian erased HRG's memory of his daughter for her own protection. How awful that we've spent the last two weeks seeing just how much Claire loves her adopted family and now she has to leave them (especially after her bio-parents turned out to be such a disappointment). Also, how freaking creepy is Eric Roberts? Great casting. Can't wait to see Malcolm McDowell next week as Linderman. And speaking of casting, the woman at the very end, in the lab with Eric Roberts, HRG, and Parkman, was the lead character in Stick It. That movie was awful. Not good-awful like Bring It On. Just awful.

It was good to get some more insight about what HRG's real work is and how he is connected to Claude and to learn that the Haitian really works for the "good guys." I'm still interested to understand more clearly how Sulu is involved. And, I'm not going to lie, I'm still a little fuzzy on what HRG's organization does exactly. I get that HRG originally felt he was helping the "greater good," and that, at heart, he's a good guy. But, is the organization just trying to track the heroes? Or eradicate them?

My inner geeky fangirl's favorite part of this episode? Parkman, HRG, and Claire all communicating telepathically. But, what happened to his and Ted's sidekick, "Wireless?"

Thoughts on The Black Donnellys coming later.

Read More...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on The Black Donnellys. I wasn't planning on picking up a new show, but seeing as it replaced Studio 60 (in which I liked the snappy dialogue, but the actors never truely captivated me like Sorkin's West Wing characters did), I decided to give it a try (and really, there were cute "Irish" boys in it... what more excuse do I need?).

I loved the first episode; it totally seemed like a movie. I'm curious to see how they can keep this as a tv series, but I will definately keep watching. I love how at the end they tied in the part where car ran over Jimmy (I think that's the one, I haven't gotten all the names straight yet) would be the moment that changed his life but he didn't know it yet. I'm glad that Monday night tv doesn't suck anymore. This show reminded me a bit of The Departed, which if you haven't seen it, you should. Awesome awesome awesome. The theater was completely silet at the end, and then nervous laugher broke out when the credits rolled. Also a good Irish killing movie is Boondock Saints. It's a bit older, but I saw it just recently.

Um, sorry for the novel comment :)

Nicole said...

I found this: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42215&topic=8911

It sounds like Blogger-cuts aren't exactly the easiest thing to do (unless you're good with HTML), but I hope the link helps some!